top of page

Fitness Group

Umum·48 members

The His And Hers Promise Rings

A Ring to Remember and a Promise

I tie my handkerchief, or, more accurately my finger!

Have you ever been determined to keep something in mind? We have tried to find ways to "guide" our memory and force it to keep in mind something that is important and we absolutely don't want to forget.

To accomplish this, we use tricks. One method is to tie knots on things that we always keep right in front of us.

This is a very ancient custom, to remember a commitment made or a promise made either to someone else or to ourselves.

The Japanese also have a tradition of tying red threads to the fingers of their hands. This is based upon an ancient Chinese legend. Every one of us was born with an imaginary, indestructible, red thread that is tacked to our left hand, binds us inextricably to our soulmate.

This is also where the habit of tying a tiny red string around your finger comes from and ties the act to the thought... of understanding the meaning of commitment, or revenge?

Who hasn't heard or said: "I'll tie it on my finger!" as a way to signify the desire to never forget the mistakes that have been done to you? Much sweeter is the significance of the promise ring, which has always been a ideal gift between lovers.

A promise ring that says important things

The distance between the knot and the ring is extremely short.

Tradition is full of funny and touching stories that are connected to the promise ring. It can be a sign of commitment to someone else and of fidelity, chastity or monogamy, but also it is a tangible symbol of love between two people and of love for one's child, of filial affection towards one's parent.

Some people make a promise to be a thrifty and sober and wear a ring each day to remind them of their commitment.

It could be a small incentive to accomplish the goal or as a record of a significant event. The most common meaning is that of the promise of love and fidelity between two partners.

In the past, it was thought that the vein which connected the heart could be found through the ring finger; the vein called the vena amoris. And so, like the engagement ring, the "promise ring", which reminds and reaffirms affection and bond every day, is typically worn on the left ring finger. There are many ways to wear the ring. It can be placed on the index finger as the promise ring, placed on the little finger or even strung through a favourite necklace.

"PROMISES are the only appointment YOU SHOULD NEVER MISS."

The latest fashion trends also suggest securing the promises made with a ring, with the writings and phrases that have symbolic and profound significance, engraved onto the outside or inside of the promise ring.

Personalizing the message is a test of creativity and imagination and a commitment... A unique way to make your present personal.

Perihal

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

bottom of page